Thursday, February 16, 2006

It Peaks !

Have you watched SIDEWAYS? I just did.
Most ppl like what Maya said -
I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing; how the sun was shining; if it rained. I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes. And if it’s an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now. I like how wine continues to evolve, like if I opened a bottle of wine today it would taste different than if I’d opened it on any other day, because a bottle of wine is actually alive. And it’s constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks, like your are 61. And then it begins its steady, inevitable decline.
For me, I prefer these lines at the ending -
" ... Thanks for your letter. You're so good with words. Who cares if it's not getting published ? There are so many beautiful and... painful things about it.
Did you really go through all that? Must have been awful. And the sister ...
"
She read him. It is a relief to him. The book has already been published! I am happy to see Miles made a move finally. I am not writing a review on this movie because I don't have much to say and I am not good at it. Who cares ? I do! ;p
About wine, I really don't know much about wine. But I did finish a bottle of wine myself over a month. It was a dessert wine. Nice to go with chocolate.
My ex-Colleague said it took him 3 years before he can appreciate wine. Well, it would be definitely more than 3 years in my case. I still have a bottle of white wine with me. Interested ? I bought it about two years ago. I could have missed the best timing ?! Never mind, it peaks when it is opened, I supposed.

2 Comments:

Blogger keensoon said...

Not an expert in wine but I do enjoy a Pinotage once in a while, or at least a spicy red :)

But in my limited experience, the best thing to go with wine would be a few good friends and the sharing moments of togetherness.

BTW - where did you get that movie? I have been trying to see it since it was mentioned by Newsweek last year but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

February 17, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

I tot u can easily get one in Sungai Wang :p

February 20, 2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home